Tuesday 1 October 2013

Running.

I finally know what I've been running from.

Light now falls upon the image I was given in my head,
for my own safety, for mine own peace. I set pace and
embarked on a journey I knew not the destination but as I drive by
-over the image in my head and in the car, as I revisit the now
moving still I can see the massacre clearer than ever.

The smell of rotting flesh encumbers the sweat ridden air
and clips roadside as people flail. I sit tight in my seat as
I watch as the plague engulfs them, first their mind then their bodies;
even their acts are peppered with this heavy disease.
This leaves no pleasant kick.

I've been running from the plague that is emotionalism and objectiveness with no end. I've been seeking to find a balance between the two and though such can be done it becomes clearer that there is a wisdom that is higher, independent from them individually and collectively.




(Seasoned by my reflections on T.S.Eliot's 'Four Quartets' & 'Philosophy of art' a contemporary introduction by Noel Carroll)


-Chioma Ahunanya

No comments:

Post a Comment