Monday 23 September 2013

Overdue.

I’ve been meaning to write for ages. AGES. No like seriously, I always start of apologising about how long it’s been but I’ve grown from this place. Life is happening and I realise that there will be times that I won’t want to write and that’s okay.

I also had a serious itch. I wanted to redo this blog and get rid of my previous posts, I just feel like they were written by a simpler, less mature me *cringes* but lo and behold God told me to leave it there to remind me of how much I’ve grown and I was like ‘say whaaaaat’? Yeah. I have a tendency to want to polish things so they look perfect, like nothing ever tainted them. Confessions of a ex-perfectionist, I’m getting better I promise.

I stumbled across a memory of friend who had once shown me passages concerning Daniel and King Nebechezzeer. What was exchanged between us as we waited for our rehearsal cues would be a seed that would aid in stirring up my curiosity. He explained with eloquence and excitement and although I could not understand everything I admired his passion to share knowledge with me in its purest form.

Ever since I was a child I remember going to the library to read comic books (I still do now) and I would partially study the character of my favourite heroes, Marvel> X-men> Storm> wolverine. I loved looking at not just the story but the person behind the actions, all the details that made up a person and tried to have a rounded view of people. I enjoyed intimacy of being able to know details and the heartbeat to how a person talked, walked, lived. To be known deeply is one of the most joyful pleasures that can be afforded a person and we all crave this in some form or shape. I spent days reading novels, I even have early memories of reading in the library with my dad as he went off to find the newspapers or the big adult books as I thought. I loved a good story and I cherished my imagination and where I could travel to with it. While many became well acquainted with MTV I remained out of the loop for several years and still am partially, not because of ignorance but…well who knows. I had channels one to five for a large portion of my secondary years (if I remember correctly) and sat uncomfortably while my peers discussed the lastest things. I learnt very quickly that there were many things I couldn’t blag. You’ll know when someone knows something anything if you test to see.

A-levels were amazing. I experienced tremendous grief in my personal life as well as gorgeous highs in lessons from the subjects English literature. I had mind blowing characters as teachers and the two years helped to refine my writing and studying many greats in literature. This was a point in my life I was really taught to think and be confident in thinking for myself' and that 'I don't know...' wouldn't cut it. Not in Ms Thomas' classes anyway. I guess what I’m reaching at is that I had a training from childhood in the things that I loved. Namely writing and anything creative. My parents encouraged me to believe that I could be anything I put my mind to.

It helped me to see my mind as a friend and I still do. Knowledge is power to help set you free and in turn you can set others free too. What you do or what you don't do with it will set the course of your life.

Use. Your. Mind. It is a grand tool! As a young woman I yearn for knowledge, I yearn for information that I can chew on throughout the day. I love and enjoy the totality of receiving, viewing and editing or tailoring information to my character or my needs. Last year I developed a valuable habit; I decided that I would learn from EVERYONE I came across no matter what and in turn I watched the determination in my mind produce the want to listen and observe a person just so I could learn something. I am the sort person that will research the best way to make a green smoothie, how I can turn broken glass into artwork, why different hair types are they way they are to little things like when you drink water upside down it why it still goes down. No information is beneath me. There is so much beauty around us. So much. In a sense I love to mimick something of a reservior; I collect and eventually release to share in a way that is useful for people. We were not created to be lone islands just as knowlege is not meant to be kept for oneself. Learn to be resourceful and have something other than shallow, fleeting qualities to bring to the table.

How you act is often in accordance with how you think. What do you think about mostly? You will become your thought life. As a creative and as a human I enjoy having differrent roles, I enjoy being able to switch from a mind that thinks business minded to mind that thinks in a scientific manner. Now you may be thinking what?! Creativity is a great gift to have. It means you can think of fun, energetic ways of doing things. It never just has to be ONE way. That would be a bore. Now naturally, I would not say have I have business like qualities embedded in my character but I have observed and studied business minded people and can comfortably ADOPT a thinking pattern that allows me to do business like things. Boy oh boy, the mind is powerful.

It touches me when someone offers me nuggets of knowledge or gives me room to think. It is an honour to be able to hold information in my brain soundly and with ease, please don't take it for granted. Don't abuse the power you gain through knowledge and lord it over people, by doing this you say 'I am above learning' and that is a flat out lie. I'll put us on the same level here, no human as long as they are alive is above learning. No one. Don't let your arrogance blind you. Don't become an educated illiterate.

Reading has develop my mind thoroughly and as you read (useful things mind you) you become aware of the great or other minds in the world. What an honour. Share what you know, don't take it to your grave! We can learn off each other.

Everyday I make it a practice to read my own thoughts, write them, read articles, BLOGS, books, revise my thoughts & talk with God as he has the ultimate intelligent mind and in our conversations He calls me to reason with Him and I come to mind blowing truth filled conclusions as a result. It makes life SO sweet. So satisfying.

The best thing you could give any girl or any aspiring woman is knowledge that will truly help her blossom and come into the fullness of herself. Put cars, diamonds and whatever else it is that girls THINK they need these days but actually don't. Put those things that will spoil their character on the back bench and give them a ball that will soar through the hoop over and over again and you will indirectly give her access to a court of aspiration. The same goes for guys too!

My earthly father has encouraged me to think, to test, to weigh and evaluate and use the information that comes into my hands with care. My friends and loved ones have done so too! When people encourage me to use my mind, I strive to hold myself with worth before all. Prudence becomes a fruit of knowledge and understanding combined. I am so thankful for what I have acquired, for wisdom is undeniably more than any possesion of material wealth.

People DIE because of a lack of knowledge, that and many other factors. When I say die I mean for example we have an epidemic of students leaving schools and universities and any other form or 'higher learning' with empty heads. Not having a CLUE as to HOW to apply that knowledge to their lives. How sad to leave with a certificate of achievement, of what? ASK yourself what are you achieving? I sincerely hope that any certificate or achievement harmonises with what has happened in your head. That you would not just have head knowledge but you would have a deep knowing. In a years time I plan to leave university NOT institutionalised thank you very much. There is a system of education called life. Have YOU enrolled or are you waiting to be spoon fed? I ask you, what do YOU do with your LIFE empowering knowledge? Do you have THAT kind of knowledge, if not, why not? Have you tested it? Developed it? Nurtured it? If not what are you waiting for?

So please, give thought to your minds. Let them become sharpened companions.

It has been WAY overdue for us all.

Love Chichi ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment